DR. SHERYL VAUGHN
LPC, CACII, CTOT, NBCC
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
30 years working in Human Services
25 years of organizational leadership and relationship building with clients, team members, and community
Recipient of Best Practice Award from the Department of Community Affairs
Successful in achieving the National Center of Professional Competence Management III Certification (1 of 6 in the United States 2001)
Articulate, analytical, result oriented and compassionate
2002 to Present StraightTalk Life Skills Education & Counseling Services, Marietta, GA - Owner/Educator
- Provide individual, couples professional counseling services, group facilitator
- Substance Abuse assessment and Treatment
- Develop and facilitate “Life Skills” programs for drug court, intensive outpatient services, non- and for-profit organizations
- Model and teach participants to develop new skills in recognizing, addressing and remediate cognitive processes
- Provide psychosocial, substance abuse, anger management and parenting assessments
- Manage day-to-day functions of business
2020-Present Conceptual Life Counseling, Acworth GA 30101- (Contractor)
- Provide professional individual and group therapy via Cobb County Veterans Accountability Court
- Participate in treatment team meeting weekly
- Attend court proceedings
- EMR documentation
2015 to Present Cobb County Family Treatment Accountability Court, Marietta, GA - (Contractor)
- Facilitate group therapy - CBI (Cognitive Behavioral Interventions-evidenced based)
- Provide individual and family therapy
- Assessments and administrative documentation
- Developed and facilitated classes Financial Literacy
2013-2022 Helping Hands Community Based Services College Park & Kennesaw, GA - Clinical Director
- Conduct clinical review and management of consumer services
- Participation in the development, implementation, and ongoing assessment of programs
- Assigned caseloads, providing supervision and or ensuring adequate supervision is occurring
- Developed, conducted supervisory and treatment team meetings to direct and review work
- Ensured that all facility policies and regulations are upheld and fulfilled as it pertains to client care
- Supervised, training and evaluating administrative, professional, and paraprofessional staff to ensure effective utilization of resources and services to clients (staff of 25-30 members)
- Supervised all non-medical clinical staff
- Designed and supported implementation of treatment support and best practice protocols in collaboration with the Department of Behavioral Health and Disabilities, CARF, and other state and local departments
- Developed collaboration relationships with the medical director individual care physician’s community psychiatrist and other providers regarding issues related two individuals/families and the local system of care
- Monitored and tracked data regarding delivery and quality of treatment/support services including data on core services emergency admissions, and operational service and personnel outcomes and recovery goals
- Provided service review, service monitoring and assistance in directing an appropriate course of treatment
- Provided adequate supervision to clinical and non-clinical staff
- Identification and the overseeing of development of programs and clinical services necessary to meet mental health and substance abuse treatment needs of the facility and clients
- Monitored, evaluated, and modified clinical programs
- Utilized the input and skills of the clinical team
- Encourage and maintain working relationships between all members of the treatment team allied health professionals, clients, and their families as well as referral sources
- Hired, coordinated, and facilitated education training and training sessions for the clinical and non-clinical staff
- Reviewed clinical notes and documentation to be sure they are within state federal and organization guidelines
- Conducted internal audits for quality control
- Resolved conflicts and negotiation with others regarding complaints, disputes grievances, etc.
- evaluated documentation and submitted information from staff to determine compliance with standards on a federal and state level
- Performed behavioral health assessments and treatment plans for clients
- Crisis response and intervention available on 24/7
- Reported directly to the CEO
2004-2016 The Extension, Marietta, GA - Family Counselor, HUD Program Compliance Officer
- Provide professional individual and family counseling
- Life Skills developer and facilitator for substance abuse program participants
- Performed assessments for substance abuse and anger management
- Employment assistance for residents
- Supervise programmatic files and staff development in HUD regulations, monitoring, and audit processes
- Conduct internal program audit
2004 to 2009 Family Solutions, Canton, GA - Clinical Supervisor
- Serve as the Clinical Supervisor for intensive in-home services team
- Education and training of fourteen professionals and nine paraprofessionals
- Review reports and treatment plans with appropriate recommendations
- Provide family and individual therapy based on cognitive behavioral, problem solving, and solution focused oriented model
- Complete biopsychosocials, treatment plans and safety plans in community
- Crisis response and intervention available on 24/7/365 to clients
- Family-focused services that considered the needs of the entire family, services were delivered and primarily in the family's home
- Ensure linkage to needed community resources and services
- Teach behavior, communication and anger management skills and techniques
- Delivery of service focused on preventive, developmental and therapeutic services - focused on assisting clients in preventing, overcoming managing functional deficits in school, home, and community
- Teach appropriate positive parenting and child development skills to help the family build skills to increase their cope ability to deal with the youth's mental health diagnosis; defuse the current crisis and intervene to reduce the likelihood of a recurrence
- To assist in the development and/or maintenance of skills, behavior, and responsibilities as outlined in the service plan needed to function successfully, with the greatest possible degree of self-determination and independence, in the family, school, and community
2003 to 2005 Cobb Family Resources, Marietta, GA - Professional Counselor APC, Life Skills Facilitator
Provide a safe psychological environment for clients to process personal issues that affect their self-sufficiency
- Obtain psychosocial and implement treatment modalities, maintain records, and modify when necessary
- Provide individual psychotherapy to enhance client’s ability to cope with specific neurotic and/or psychotic behavior
- Participate in client staffing to determine services. Make appropriate referrals
- Develop/coordinate/facilitate “Life Skills” workshops
- Model and teach participants to develop new skills in recognizing, addressing, and remediating cognitive process
- Model and teach participants to accept personal, emotional, and social responsibility in and outside the group; administer pre/post testing
1997-2003 Cobb Family Resources, Marietta, GA - Housing Coordinator, Supervisor
Provide direct supervision, training and coaching to the department programs and staff. Ensures that the programs meet the needs of the clients, and that programs outcomes and accountability measures are administered, monitored, and accurately reported.
- Assists with hiring, monitoring, and evaluating housing staff Participate in weekly management meeting to establish and evaluate policies and procedures
- Conduct monthly meetings with department staff and clients
- Managed and monitored Housing & Urban Development (HUD) and Department of Community Affairs (DCA), Cobb County grants and other funding sources for housing department ($891,751)
- Developed and supervised internal HUD annual audit
- Assist in developing and implementing organization goals, policies, and procedures
- Act as liaison with other staff and community partners to ensure department resources run smoothly
- Coordinate community activities as they are related to organization’s mission
- Represent organization at meetings throughout metro Atlanta community.
- Doctorate in Christian Counseling, Faith Bible College. Kansas City, MO, 2012
- M.A. in Psychology/Professional Counseling Specialty, Argosy University, Atlanta, GA, 2002
- B.S. Public & Social Services, Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA, 1996
- United States Marine Corps, Quantico, VA (E-4), 1982-85 Honorable
PROFESSIONAL LICENSURE AND MEMBERSHIP
- Licensed Professional Counselors Association (LPCA)
- National Board of Certified Counselors
- Cobb Faith Partnership Association
AWARDS, CERTIFICATIONS & HONORS
- 2001 National Center for Professional Competence Management Level III Certification (Georgia Academy)
- 2001-2002 Cobb County Human Services Coalition Housing Team, Chair
- 1999-2001 Georgia Department of Community Affairs Best Practices Award
- 2021- Present Chapel Hill Church
- 2009-2013 Center for Family Resources Mentoring Program
- 1999-2020 Zoe Christian Fellowship
- 2003-2015 Personal Growth Institute
- 2003-2005 Dean of Bible College, Zoe Christian Fellowship
LAPC Effective June 2023
Caring Counseling Intern passionate about assisting patients in completing treatment plans aimed at improving health conditions. Excellent communication and active listening abilities. Experienced in initial case management and treatment planning for adolescents and adults, conducted individual counseling sessions; knowledge of cognitive behavioral therapy and other therapeutic modalities. Dedicated to providing support to clients on social, personal, and economic issues.
- Intake Interviewing
- Psychosocial Assessments
- Interviewing Techniques
- Clinical Documentation
- Case Notes
- Progress Notes Updates
- Individualized Counseling
- Treatment Planning
- Client Management
- Mental Health Disorders
- Therapeutic Services
- HIPAA Requirements
Intern, 01/2023 to Current
Integrated Counseling Center & Consulting Services, LLC – Douglasville, GA
- Applied multiple psychological methods and techniques in client screening, assessment, and evaluation.
- Counseled clients assisting them to understand and overcome personal, social, and behavioral problems.
- Conducted weekly individual counseling sessions with culturally diverse clients suffering from depression, anxiety, anger, adjustment disorders, and other mental health issues.
- Provided comprehensive case management, created treatment plans, and connected clients to resources.
- Developed and conducted weekly psychoeducational group sessions educating clients about their disorders and developing coping skills and strategies to overcome presenting concerns.
- Co-led premarital and marital counseling sessions to improve communication, conflict resolution skills, financial concerns, and other marital issues.
- Worked collaboratively with mental health professionals to provide individual and group therapy for adolescent and adult clients.
- Maintained a high level of patient confidentiality to comply with all federal and company regulations.
- Maintained up-to-date clinical documentation via Electronic Health Record record-keeping systems.
Intern, 05/2022 to Current
Chattahoochee Technical College – Marietta, GA
- Provided comprehensive case management services, created treatment plans, and connected clients to appropriate resources.
- Led up to multiple individual sessions per week.
- Applied psychological methods and techniques in screening, assessing, and evaluating clients.
- Worked collaboratively with mental health professionals to provide comprehensive client care.
- Completed one-on-one counseling with a range of clients suffering from mental health issues
- Counseled clients to help understand and overcome personal, social, and behavioral problems.
- Maintained up-to-date clinical documentation via electronic recordkeeping systems.
- Maintained a high level of patient confidentiality to comply with all federal and company regulations.
- Reviewed case files to better assess client needs and proper course of treatment.
- Used Titanium system to implement client cases and provided updates whenever required.
Assessor, 08/2021 to 03/2022
Helping Hands Community Based Services, Inc – Kennesaw, GA
- Conducted biopsychosocial assessment of client needs and provided diagnostic impressions to the clinical director
- Created individual treatment plans and entered client information in a secure database system
- Participated in staff meetings and observed behavior and progress of consumers
Youth Services Program Manager, 03/2012 to 04/2021
Albemarle Commission – Hertford, NC
- Directed workforce development youth services collaborating with schools, career centers and businesses to resolve clients' needs
- Reviewed and managed contracts and staff in performance of tasks associated with recruitment, assessment, training, and placement of in-school/out of school youth
- Educated clients on work and life issues including education and career progression, soft skills development, communication skills, positive relationships, and financial management
- Created work-based learning opportunities and other activities for youth preparation into the workforce
Volunteer Tutor, 09/2011 to 03/2012
COMMUNITY SERVICE, Rhema Ministries Institute, Inc
- Tutored and mentored elementary to high school students in understanding and completing homework assignments and improving reading comprehension and basic math skills
- Provided appropriate learning materials for students
- Motivated students towards learning and studying to build self-confidence and reduce fear of failure
- Leveraged technology and visual aids to engage students and enhance learning
Superintendent, 02/1986 to 11/2011
U.S. Air Force
- Over 25 years of experience working with military personnel, veterans, families, helping agencies, and civilian professionals
- Supervised and evaluated over 80 military and civilian personnel providing training and performance feedback on mission accomplishment
- Managed personnel, assessed and identified problems, implemented practical solutions, and maintained composure in crisis situations
- Worked effectively with people of various cultural backgrounds, ages, and socioeconomic statuses in military and civilian sectors
- Over 30 years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite, records management, and computerized database applications
Master of Arts: Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Graduation Date: 05/2023
Liberty University - Lynchburg, VA
Bachelor of Science: Business Administration, Logistics Management, 01/2011
Trident University International Online - Chandler, AZ
Associate of Applied Science: Logistics Management, 05/2000
Community College of The Air Force - Gunter Annex, AL
- Certified SYMBIS Facilitator - Nov 2021